Consulte el archivo
Boletín RedPop Septiembre, 2010
Un informe de otra esquina del globo, que puede servir de insumo a los movimientos locales.
Inspiring Australia: A national strategy for engaging with the sciences
(Last Reviewed : 8/02/2010)
The Inspiring Australia report proposes a national strategy for public engagement that will help realise the goals articulated in Powering Ideas: An Innovation Agenda for the 21st Century. The report was announced by the Minister on February 8, 2010.
In 2009 the Questacon Division of the Australian Government Department of Innovation, Industry, Science and Research was asked to develop a national science communication strategy that would address the need for a more coordinated approach to communicating the sciences. This work was guided by a Steering Committee, comprising the Chief Scientist for Australia, the Chief Executive of CSIRO, the Director of Questacon, a senior representative of the ABC and a Deputy Secretary from DIISR as chair.
Questacon undertook national consultations with a wide range of science communicators, educators, journalists and scientists in all states and territories. These consultations along with the examination of recent documents produced by the Federal Government and by state, territory and overseas governments have resulted in the Inspiring Australia report. At a meeting of Federal, State and Territory Innovation Ministers in December 2009, it was agreed to cooperate on developing a coordinated national approach to science communication.
This report's key findings are that:
- Communicating science effectively is important in achieving an innovative Australia and that national leadership and coherent action are required [Chapter 1. The Challenge for Australia].
- Australia is a high-performing country in a wide range of areas across the sciences, and this should be acknowledged and attract appropriate reward and recognition [Chapter 2. Telling Australia's Story].
- Australia has a small population in global terms and cannot afford to squander its brain power. Therefore, it is important to develop the potential and interest of Australians irrespective of geography, ethnicity, age or social condition [Chapter 3. Engaging All Australians].
- A capable science workforce is a prerequisite for the Australian Government's Innovation Agenda. Thus, students need enhanced experiences in science and mathematics to help ensure an adequate supply of professionals with appropriate skills [Chapter 4. Building Australia's Capacity].
- To build on national leadership and coherent action, a national framework ? local action approach, a strong web presence and improved information flow and organisational networking are required to achieve the goal of a scientifically engaged Australia. A supportive research and evaluation program is also needed to monitor progress and inform investment decisions [Chapter 5. Mobilising Capability Across Australia].
This 'Inspiring Australia' strategy aims to build a strong, open relationship between science and society, underpinned by effective communication of science and its benefits.
A copy of the report can be downloaded from the link below.
|La RED POP, es una red interactiva que surge de la convocatoria realizada por UNESCO en 1990 y reúne a centros, museos y programas de popularización y divulgación de a ciencia y la tecnología en América Latina y el Caribe. Funciona mediantes mecanismos regionales de cooperación que favorecen el intercambio, entrenamietno y aprovechamiento de recursos entre sus miembros.||A Red-POP é uma rede interativa que surge de uma convocação realizada pela UNESCO em 1990 e reúne centros, museus e programas de popularização e divulgação da ciência e tecnologia na América Latina e Caribe. Funciona mediante mecanismos regionais de cooperação que favorecem o intercâmbio, o treinamento e o aproveitamento de recursos entre seus membros.|
CIENTEC es miembro fundador, actualmente desempeña la Coordinación del Nodo Central - Norte y es miembro del Consejo Director de la RED.
/\_\ __ ___ __ ___ ____ ___ ___
\/\ \\ \ / / /__ /| / / /__ /
/\/_//_/ /___ _/_ /___ / |/ / /___ /___
\/_/Tel:(506) 2233-7701 ó 2258-3583, Fax:(506) 2255-2182
P.O.Box 8536-1000, San José, Costa Rica